Saturday, July 20, 2013

THE FAMILY AS A SYSTEM

I really loved learning about the Family Systems Theory because I had never thought of the family in that way.  It looks at the family as a system of interacting parts. Each member has a unique role and purpose in their family that contributes to the overall functioning of that group. Of course I immediately thought of my family and how we work together as a “system”. I thought about what role I play in my family and about my interactions with each of my siblings and my parents. It made me appreciate the relationship that my parents have because if they did not treat each other with love and respect, I don’t think that my family would run as smoothly as it does. We all have unique qualities that strengthen and build each other up in different ways. It is important to recognize that we have an important role to play in our families, whether it be the peacemaker or the family clown. Each role is important to contributing to the unique family system that we are a part of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment